Wednesday 7 November 2012

Car!

We've decided to hire a car and go the holiday park motels/cabins and motels over the campervan.  I just think it's going to be easier.  I've crunched the numbers and it turns out it's going to be cheaper in the long run to hire a car over a camper if not it would come pretty close anyway.

So I've been researching and researchng Holiday parks with motels/units/cabins and motels.  So far it seems that Holiday Parks are cheaper but I don't like the idea of staying in cabins where you have to hire linen and where some of them don't even have bathrooms.  In some cases, although the motels are a tad more expensive, sometimes I think that they are better value in the long run depending on where they are.  For instance in Rotorua they have a lot of thermal mineral pools that are included in the price but in the south island they make up for it in indoor pools and playgrounds.

The next big job is to sort through everything that I've research and start narrowing them down to top 3 preferences based on price and quality.  I think this would be the fun part somewhat.

Anyway we've done a rough route of where we're going to go so here goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment